Have you wanted to learn more about firearms and firearms safety? Well, this class fills in those blanks. Knowledge is power. This is not a pro-gun or anti-gun course but a course that will educate you in how weapons operate and how easy or hard it can be to shoot; you will have the opportunity to fire a weapon IF you so choose. You will also have the opportunity to handle a variety of firearms if you are trying to decide what or if a firearm is right for you.
This course is designed for the individual who has never handled a firearm before and is interested in becoming informed about firearms and firearms safety. The course curriculum is designed for people who are curious about firearms and want to have an enhanced education and understanding of firearms. The course runs for approximately four (4) hours and starts with the understanding of firearms safety, nomenclature, mechanical operation of firearms, ballistics and shooting techniques.
Students who wish to, will fire 25 rounds from a handgun during the class.
Firearms Safety Rules
Weapon Nomenclature and Terminology
Safe Weapon Handling and Storage
Is a Firearm Right for You?
Fundamentals of Basic Marksmanship
Understanding Basic Ballistics
Eye and ear protection (we can provide if needed)
Appropriate Range Clothing
- NO open toe or high heel shoes
- Avoid V neck shirts, may wish to bring
Baseball style bat
Our training is conducted in a professional and safe manner. The courses run from the novice level to advanced training. All courses are geared towards training for real life events and to prepare the student to think on a higher level. Spartan Instructors are held to the highest standards. Spartan Instructors are also selected based on their professional education, real-life experience, and ability to instruct to any audience.
Introduction to Firearms (TR&GC member 202100407 5pm-9pm
1. I understand that payment must be paid in full before the start of a course in order to secure my seat in the course.
2. I understand that if my performance disrupts others or puts others in danger, I will be removed from the course and forfeit my registration fee.
3. I will provide Spartan International Consulting Group with any other relevant information requested from me before the start of the course. If I do not provide the requested information, Spartan International Consulting Group has the right to cancel my registration and hold a portion of my registration fee that is deemed appropriate.
4. I have no criminal history, mental illness, substance abuse, or any other conditions which, by law, prohibit me from owning or using a firearm or affect my performance during the training course.
CANCELLATION POLICY: When one signs up for a class, and cannot attend, one is given credit for up to one year from the original class date as long as one notifies Spartan International at least ONE WEEK in advance of the class. Those who have not given at least ONE WEEK of notice or do not show up at the class will lose credit and have to purhcase the class all over again at full original price. If one has a true emergency, please provide us with documention. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS.
By purchasing this course, I hereby declare that the information provided is true and I agree to the terms and conditions provided to me by Spartan Internaitonal Consulting Group.