The AK 47/AKM series of rifles is the most prolific firearm in the world. It is a weapon system that is used by 50 established armies and militaries around the world. This weapon has been demonized not only in movies and video games, but also in real world events when used by terrorists and insurgents. It has been depicted on some country’s national flags and currencies. This platform is one of the most reliable battle rifles in the world. It has distinguished itself in combat and conflicts since the 1950’s.
The AK series of rifles offers some unique challenges to shooters. This class is designed to increase your basic knowledge and fundamental application of the AK rifle.
The prerequisite for this course is Defensive Pistol I
- Review of History of the Kalashnikov Rifle
- Review of Basic Maintenance and Disassembly
- Zeroing of the AK
- Weapon Nomenclature
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Shooting Positions
- Tactical & Combat Reloads
- Safe weapon handling
- Mechanically sound AK47/AKM rifle.
- 350 rounds of factory manufactured rifle ammunition: weapon specific.
- 3 Functional magazines minimum**, if you use lower capacity magazines bring double
- Tactical Sling**- One, two, or three point is acceptable. Please make sure rifle is set up to accept a sling)
- Magazine holders for the magazines**. Chest rigs/vest, plate carriers, sachel, or belt mounted pouches are all acceptable
- Eye Protection/Ear Protection** and proper footwear that will facilitate movement, as we will be moving around
- Seasonal specific clothing: i.e., rain gear, jackets, ball cap, collared shirt to protect from hot
Brass, tactical gloves, etc. Students MAY want knee pads or dump pouch**.
**These items may/can be available for purchase from the ProShop based upon availability. Students in need of these items should contact the ProShop at least two (2) weeks prior to the course to check on availability and allow for items to be ordered if necessary.
To register for this course please go to: https://www.sicg.solutions/tiverton-rod-gun-club-training
Basic AK Operator (TR&GC Non-Member) 20210612 8am-4pm
1. I understand that payment must be paid in full before the start of a course in order to secure my seat in the course.
2. I understand that if my performance disrupts others or puts others in danger, I will be removed from the course and forfeit my registration fee.
3. I will provide Spartan International Consulting Group with any other relevant information requested from me before the start of the course. If I do not provide the requested information, Spartan International Consulting Group has the right to cancel my registration and hold a portion of my registration fee that is deemed appropriate.
4. I have no criminal history, mental illness, substance abuse, or any other conditions which, by law, prohibit me from owning or using a firearm or affect my performance during the training course.
CANCELLATION POLICY: When one signs up for a class, and cannot attend, one is given credit for up to one year from the original class date as long as one notifies Spartan International at least ONE WEEK in advance of the class. Those who have not given at least ONE WEEK of notice or do not show up at the class will lose credit and have to purhcase the class all over again at full original price. If one has a true emergency, please provide us with documention. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS.
By purchasing this course, I hereby declare that the information provided is true and I agree to the terms and conditions provided to me by Spartan Internaitonal Consulting Group.